Avocados: how to pick ripe and how to eat it. How to choose a ripe avocado?
- How to know the ripeness of avocado? Three simple test
- What are the varieties?
- How to choose a ripe avocado?
- What does a ripe avocado look like?
- Which avocado is not worth buying
Today, avocado fruits are used a lot in cooking, soups, snacks and other delicious dishes . Avocado will be delicious fruit In the event that it is properly prepared and selected.
Choosing avocados in the store, determine the maturity of the fruit. To begin, press on the fruit, only slightly, then the dent, after the fingers should instantly smooth out, because the fruit itself is resilient and it is this condition that avocado fruits should be chosen. Also, when shaking a ripe avocado, bones knock. Naturally, an immature avocado will not be soft if you press on it, or the dent does not smooth out. If the bones in the avocado do not knock, then such a fruit can be bought, but you will need to wait 2-4 days to ripen, wrapping it in paper and putting it in a dark, cool place at room temperature. A very soft avocado is not worth buying because it can be rotten in the middle.
There is another way to choose avocados in the store - this is the definition of avocado maturity: removing the cutting from the fruit. After removing, take the fruit and look at the place where the cutting was removed, if the avocado is ripe, the place will be brown, and the unripe will be green or yellow. Avocados should be chosen, where the place from the cutting has a bright green color. By clicking on the trail, you should see the prominent juice, which speaks of the ripeness of the fruit.
Answering the question how to choose the right avocado, it is worth considering the following. Of great importance is the appearance of avocado. The rind of the fruit can be green or brown. With the help of brown avocado fruit, you can cook soup, mashed potatoes, or just spread on a sandwich. Green, ripe avocados have a firmer pulp and are used to make salads.
Be careful when choosing avocados, and know what kind of avocados you need to prepare the dish you have planned beforehand.
How to choose ripe avocado for cooking salad? First of all, you need to pay attention to the maturity and taste of the fruit. If the taste is bitter and unpleasant, and its flesh is hard, then the fruit is unripe. The ripe and ripe fruit has a pleasant, sweetish taste and an oily, creamy structure that can be spread on sandwiches like butter.
If you are a little unenlightened in avocado varieties, then you can buy in stores and supermarkets such as Furherte, Gwen, Pinkerton, Reed and others.
Avocado fruit is not only used for cooking, but also for hair conditioner, various masks and cosmetics for the face. Having learned now the main tips for choosing this fruit, you should not have any questions what avocado should be.
Avocado fruit grows in the tropical prairies, where warm raindrops are washing its branches. Original fruit for many people is a guest on our table, so a reasonable question arises, how to determine the maturity of an avocado?
Our review should begin with the fact that the “alligator pear” or avocado is endowed with an excellent natural flavor, and in its composition carries a significant amount of vitamins. The popularity of fruit in Russia is due to the fact that this fruit is an indispensable ingredient in the preparation various dishes . And it is really tasty!
But back to the issue of fetal ripeness and its selection. The initial criterion of maturity is appearance. It must be taken in hand and inspected. A positive sign is the absence of spots on the skin of the peel. The surface should not contain cracks and damage to mechanical stress.
How to know the ripeness of avocado? Three simple test
- The easiest test can be done right in the store. It is enough to gently push the finger on the wall of the fetus and then sharply remove the finger. If the fruit is of high quality, then the resulting hole will quickly disappear and the avocado will take on its former shape. However, if you feel that the fetus is not amenable to pressing, then this is a clear evidence of insufficient ripeness.
- The second test is to bring the fruit to the ear and shake it like a rattle. In a mature shell, the characteristic noise of a rolling bone will be heard. This option suits us!
- The third test should be carried out with caution. You can try to remove the existing cutting from the fruit. If it is easily retired, then look at the resulting deepening of the fetus. If you observe the characteristic brown streaks and a distinct green trace from the cutting, then it is quite possible to judge the ripeness. If you try to gently squeeze the avocado with your hand in the recess, juice may appear. This is also a positive sign. Having found a brown trench under the cutting, one can safely judge the over-ripeness of the product, while the characteristic yellow hue of the indentation indicates an immature fruit.
Tasteful ripeness criteria are also very characteristic and help to find the answer to the question of how to determine the maturity of avocados. Many people agree that a tropical guest resembles a sweetish nut, and its consistency is comparable to a slice. butter . However, if there is a bitter shade, then such a fruit is far from perfect, because it is still damp.
A positive sign is the absence of spots on the skin of the skin.
If you feel that the fetus is not amenable to pressing, then this is a bright evidence of insufficient ripeness.
You can try to remove the existing cutting from the fruit. If you see characteristic brown streaks and a distinct green trace from the cutting, then it is quite possible to judge the ripeness
Characteristic pimples on a pear-shaped dark body are the standard of a foreign guest. This is exactly what avocados of certain varieties are. With these fruits it is easy to handle and peel, while retaining all the flesh. As a rule, there is the smallest bone. This perfect fruit is suitable for preparing various cocktails and puree desserts. Green avocado looks great in salad composition and rolls.
There are legends about its benefits, but it is definitely known that this wonderful gift of nature is a champion in potassium content. This component is necessary for our body to properly form nervous system and muscular work.
Rating 4.9 out of 5. Votes: 379. Category Select Products
Avocado is the fruit from which pastes, sauces are made, added to salads and rolls, or simply eaten raw. To cook the dish was tasty, you need to add only the ripe fruit. For this you need to know how to choose avocados .
What are the varieties?
There are more than 400 types of avocados . We bring to the market the main three varieties, which greatly facilitates the purchase process. Each type is tasty, but different in appearance and structure. If you want to cook some particular dish, then you need to know how to choose the right avocado . In stores you can find the following varieties:
- Californian. It has a brownish peel, its flesh is very soft. This avocado is used to make puree soups, smoothies, or spread as a paste on bread. You can also just cut it in half, remove the bone and eat with a spoon without removing the skin. This view can be bought year round but hard skin often hides dents that can be overlooked.
- Florida The peel of such a fruit is smooth, light green in color, and the flesh is harder than the previous variety. It is used for the manufacture of rolls, it is also ideal for salads. Florida variety is delicious, but its skin is very thin, so it needs to be cleaned with a knife, while removing the layer of pulp. Also, this species has a large bone, which adds weight to the fruit and takes up a lot of space inside. It is recommended to use it in diets, as it is low-calorie.
- Pinkerton. Avocado has a dark green peel with numerous pimples. The bone of the fruit is small, so the pulp will be greater than that of the Florida variety. Considered the best grade for making rolls. It is enough to pick up a thick and dense skin with a knife and you can easily clean it without affecting the tasty flesh.
How to choose a ripe avocado?
If you decide on a variety, then it remains to avoid buying an immature fruit. To prevent this, you should carefully examine the fruit. You need to take the avocado in your hand and press it lightly. If it is hard, then it indicates an unripe fetus. Soft and fleshy skin indicates that the fruit has over-ridden or has begun to rot. It is necessary to choose the fruit that, when pressed with a finger, gives way and leaves a small mark, which disappears with time. There should be no dents or other damage on the skin of a ripe avocado.
If the fruit is already purchased, but there are doubts about its ripeness, then you can proceed as follows. Carefully separate the cuttings from it and see what color is left of the trace:
- brown - means that the fruit is overripe;
- yellow-green tint and firm to the touch the fruit speaks of the immaturity of the fetus;
- bright green color in moderation soft avocado and a little juice indicates its perfect ripeness.
To keep the fruit damaged after such a procedure, you should sprinkle it with lime or lemon juice, since the pulp of the avocado darkens quickly. In this form, it can lie in the refrigerator for some time.
If you could not pick up a ripe fruit, you can take an unripe fruit, wrap it in a newspaper and keep it for several days. room temperature . Apples and bananas that should be put in an avocado in a paper bag will help speed up the process.
Thank you for visiting the site, I hope that you have found the necessary information for yourself! Please leave your comments on the article, as well as share tips on how to choose avocados correctly!
The degree of maturity of an avocado can be determined in several ways. During the purchase of this fruit, you can use the visual way of choosing the most suitable fruits. The color of avocado can be almost any shade from dark green to brown. Sometimes there are almost black fruit. Avocado pulp is soft and delicate oily consistency. After buying the degree of maturity of the fruit is determined by its cut. Ripe avocado has a rich aroma, oily consistency, and the stone is easily separated from the pulp.
Avocado peel may also vary by grade. Some types of fruit have a smooth surface, others - wrinkled or with pimples. Regardless appearance and skin color, it is recommended to eat only ripe fruit . Unripe or overripe fruits will have taste disturbances.
What does a ripe avocado look like?
Signs of ripe avocado :
- ripe avocados have a darker rind than unripe;
- peel off ripe fruit painted evenly;
- a good avocado is always elastic (if you press on its skin, there will be no dents);
- a bright green stalk is considered to be a sign of ripe avocado;
- the aroma of ripe avocado can be felt even through the thick skin;
- if you shake the avocado and its bone will emit a characteristic knock, the fruit is fully ripe.
The form of avocado may be different. Some varieties have practically round fruits, others are more like a pear. Taste properties different types practically no different. Pronounced differences are present only in ripe, unripe or overripe fruits.
Which avocado is not worth buying
Avocado size when buying it is not worth considering. Some varieties of this fruit, characterized by a rather large size of the fruit, have an equally impressive bone size. As a result of such a purchase, you can get much less pulp than small fruit . The bone in the avocado can be oblong or round.
Signs of avocado, which is not recommended to buy :
- if there are defects on the surface of the fruit (dents, cracks and other damages), then it is better to refuse the purchase;
- if, when pressing on the skin of an avocado, there are dents on it, then this is a sign of an overripe fruit;
- dents on avocados may indicate the beginning of the process of rotting inside the fruit;
- too hard surface of an avocado can only be in unripe fruits;
- the brown fruit stem is a sign of over-ripeness;
- a yellow-green stalk can only be present in an unripe fetus;
- if the avocado does not produce a distinctive flavor, then most likely it is immature or grown using chemicals;
- there should be no traces of sticky substances or wax on the surface of the fruit (sometimes special paraffin-based compounds are used to maintain the fruit of the presentation, which is rather problematic to wash off);
- if you slightly shake the avocado and at the same time the bone does not knock, the fruit is unripe.
Unripe avocado ripens at home for 3-4 days. Sometimes these fruits are specially bought in advance, if they are not planned to be eaten immediately. Fruit can ripen only at room temperature, if you put it in the fridge, the ripening process will not occur.